Race Day: JUNE 7, 2014
2014 registration is currently open, click on the Run Sign Up button below:
|2014 Entry Fees.|
|***Entry fees are nonrefundable. Entries may not be deferred to another run.***|
|Early (present-4/27)||Late(4/28-6/1)||Bib p/u (6/6) & Race Day (6/7)|
|10K child (U16)||$20|
|5K child (U16)||$10|
Packet Pickup Details:
Friday, June 6, 2pm-7:30pm, Wood River YMCA. 101 Saddle Road, corner of Saddle Road and Warmsprings Road or Saturday, June 7, 7am-8:30am at the start / finish (Sun Valley Pavilion lawn). Please plan accordingly if you are picking up your packet on race morning as long lines tend to form. The race will start on time.
Race Start Times:
Half Marathon – 9am
10K / 5K – 9:10am
Start / Finish Venue and Race Day Parking:
Parking is available across the street (Dollar Rd.) from the pavilion as well as in the Inn and Lodge parking lots. All parking is within a five minute walk from the start / finish.
There is NO STREET PARKING ALLOWED.
MAP MY RUN Maps:
COURSE AND GENERAL INFORMATION
Course knowledge, the runners responsibility:
Course markings are used to keep runners on course and to provide a level of safety. Please pay attention to markings especially when approaching an intersection. It is the responsibility of the runner to understand the layout of the course. Major intersections are clearly marked and staffed when appropriate. Refunds and free entries will not be issued for runners who venture off course.
Markings used used for all three courses:
Directional arrows and various signs indicating turn around points and mileage will be placed on all three courses.
Half Marathon Aid Stations and toilets:
6 aid stations will be located at miles 2, 4, 7, 9, 10, and 12. Aid stations will be stocked with Hammer Heed and water. Portable toilets will be available on course at approximate mile mark 5, 9, and Hulen Meadows turnaround.
5K and 10K aid stations:
3 aid stations will be available.
Half Marathon Course reopens at 12:30pm:
Runners should average a 16.1 minute mile pace or better to finish before course safety measures start to be lifted. You may remain on the course after 12:30pm but you do so at your own risk. Intersections, road crossing, and aid stations may no longer be staffed. If you do cross the finish line, you will receive your finisher’s medal.
General race rules and common courtesy reminders:
- The path system is opne to the public; it is not closed on race day. Be aware of other useres.
- Please stay on the right and give a friendly shout-out as you approach others from the rear.
- Obey all course marshalls and volunteers and cross intersections carefully.
- Pass other runners only when it is safe to do so.
- No roller blades, skateboards, bicycles, or pets on course.
- Slower traffic should stay to the right and start at the back
- Please allow elite runners to the front of the starting line
- Personal music devices are allowed. For your safety and of those around you, please keep the volume to a level at which you can hear those approaching from behind and so you can hear instructions from course marshalls.
How to be disqualified:
- Littering – Please carry your garbage to the next aid station.
- Do not litter on the path.Cutting the course.
- Causing harm to other runners or putting others around you at risk.
2/1/2014 – Coming to the Kids Fun Zone will be a Crossfit challenge! More details to come soon..
5/1/2014 – Confirmed – “Fight Gone Bad” Crossfit challenge being produced by Sun Valley CrossFit!
Results will be live on race day.